This artwork, part of a series of Untitled paintings completed during 1982, serves as a visual testament to a year of significant change for Jean-Michel Basquiat. Still in his early 20's, the opening years of the 1980s would see him produce a significant number of works that would come to captivate the New York art scene, and in turn the world at large.
Basquait's paintings during this period blended the energetic, forceful lines of his street work with a deep knowledge of art history. His work summoned other abstract impressionists, such as Jackson Pollock, but in a unique style which drew the attention, and admiration of "the establishment".
The visual audacity and enthusiasm of Basquiat's art during this period is perhaps best described by contemporary art specialist, David Galperin, in an interview with Artsy as “demonstrative of an artist who’s really at the height of their powers, who’s being seen for the first time, and who’s taking all of that instinctive energy and language and power and putting it onto canvas.”
About the garment
Made from the legendary Super Roubaix fabric its tube shape can be used as a neck warmer, face warmers or fashioned into a beanie.
Ideal for cold rides on the bike or chilly park up sessions at the cafe. Versatile enough to be used for cycling, running or skiing.
We want you to enjoy your Attaquer goods as soon as possible after placing your order.
We aim to dispatch all orders within 48 hours of your order. Australian orders are sent via Australia Post. All international orders are sent via express services (DHL, UPS or equivalent).
In most cases, your order should arrive between 5 and 7 days after placing your order, when shipped to an Australian address. Delivery to locations outside Australia may take up to 4-21 days or more to be delivered.
The time frames above are estimates only, and Attaquer Pty Ltd makes no guarantees nor accepts any liability for deliveries that occur outside these estimates.
How will your order be delivered?
Orders despatched to addresses within Australia are delivered by Australia Post.
Orders despatched to addresses outside Australia are sent (wherever possible) via express services (DHL, UPS or equivalent).
The only exception to this is New Zealand, where we ship via a dedicated weekly flight between Sydney and Auckland. Please note that this may mean deliveries to New Zealand may take between 7-10 days after you've placed your order.
Orders may also be delivered via Registered Post, upon request.
Goods Purchased Online for Personal Use:
You may be charged customs duties and taxes for something purchased online because:
- Duties and taxes are most typically not included in the price of the goods you purchase online, and might not be included in the overall shipping costs you pay to the online retailer.
- When purchasing goods online, some or all of these goods may not originate in the country you reside in, therefore are subject to a customs duty, which is a tariff or tax imposed on goods when transported across international borders.
- When goods are not shipped domestically (within your country) or within a single customs union, such as the European Union, you are liable to pay any inbound duties and taxes which your local customs authority deems appropriate.
- To ensure the courier can deliver your goods in shortest possible time after entering your country or customs union, pays the customs authority on your behalf for any duties and taxes that are due on the goods.
- Once the duties and taxes are fully repaid to the goods will be delivered to you
- What is payable, if anything, depends on where the goods are sent from, the type of goods, their transactional value and the weight of the package
Exchange, Returns, and Refunds Policy
HOW DO I RETURN AN ITEM?
We want to ensure you are happy with the product and size you’ve bought. If you would like to make an exchange on your purchase please refer to your returns form, which is linked at the bottom of your original order confirmation.
FAULTY GOODS & WARRANTY
Attaquer is proud of its commitment to high quality products and manufacturing standards. Unfortunately on rare occasions it is the case that faults may occur. If you believe your product is faulty, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with detailed photos and descriptions of the fault. Attaquer reserves the right to repair the garment if possible.
All Attaquer garments are sold with a 12 month warranty, from the date of purchase. Claims for warranty must be made within this period.
Please note: Cheap, low-quality detergents, particularly when used with top-loader washing machines, can cause discolouration of garments as detergent will often not been sufficiently dissolved prior to contact with fabrics. Damage of this nature will not be covered under warranty.
The address for returns is:
Attaquer Pty Ltd
PO Box 408
Alexandria, 1435, NSW